Thank you for your interest in the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council. Applications for the 2024 class of EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council members will open on April 1, 2024.
Applications will be accessible through GenSea, EarthEcho’s digital community platform connecting our global community of young ocean advocates.
Not a member of GenSea? Sign-up today and activate your account!
In 2023 applicants were asked the following essay questions on their Youth Leadership Council applications:
- Why do you want to serve as an EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council Member?
- What unique skills and experiences will you bring to the Youth Leadership Council and how will these support the work of EarthEcho International?
- Why is teamwork important? Describe a time where you worked as a team member or organized a team to accomplish a goal or overcome an obstacle.
- What motivates your advocacy? What is an environmental issue(s) you are passionate about and why? You have the option to submit your response to Question 4 in a video response. You may choose to write the essay or submit a video response but not both. The video response cannot exceed 3 minutes.
Applicants for the Youth Leadership Council in 2023 should:
- Be between the ages of 15-22 at the time of application
- Demonstrate a passion for environmental conservation and youth leadership
- Have experience working collaboratively with a team of youth and adults
- Have a desire to support EarthEcho International’s work and provide a youth perspective to the development of EarthEcho’s programs
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
Questions? Contact Sean Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.