Applicants for the Youth Leadership Council should:
- Be between the ages of 15-22 at the time of application.
- Demonstrate a passion for environmental conservation and youth leadership.
- Have experience working collaboratively with a team of youth and adults.
- Have a desire to support EarthEcho International’s work and provide a youth perspective to the development of EarthEcho’s programs.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- To apply, please submit your application by Friday, May 1, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
- Finalists will be contacted in May 2020 for phone/video interviews.
- Selected Youth Leadership Council members will be notified of their appointment to the Council by June 1, 2020.
Prior to completing your online application, review the application questions below to prepare your responses and ensure you have compiled the required application materials.
To complete the 2020 YLC Application, you will be asked to submit your answers to the questions below. Applicants will also be asked to upload a head shot photo and will have the opportunity to upload any supplementary material to share with the review team.
All applicants will need to request a letter of recommendation from a non-family member (teacher, employer, mentor, peer etc…) to accompany their application. Recommendation letters should be submitted by May 1, 2020 via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the applicant in the subject line.
- Why do you want to serve as an EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council Member?
- What unique skills and experiences will you bring to Youth Leadership Council and how will these support the work of EarthEcho International?
- Why is teamwork important? Describe a time where you worked as a team member to accomplish a goal or overcome an obstacle.
- What is an environmental issue you are passionate about and why?
You have the option to submit your response to Question 4 in a video response. You may choose to write the essay or submit a video response but not both. The video response cannot exceed 3 minutes.