Click Here to Apply!
Thank you for your interest in the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council! Applications for the 2021 class of YLC members are open through May 3, 2021.
Applicants for the Youth Leadership Council should:
- Be between the ages of 15-22 at the time of application
- Be a resident of the United States (international applications will be accepted in 2022)
- Demonstrate a passion for environmental conservation and youth leadership
- Have experience working collaboratively with a team of youth and adults
- Have a desire to support EarthEcho International’s work and provide a youth perspective to the development of EarthEcho’s programs
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
When completing your online application, you will be asked to respond to the following essay questions (maximum of 250 words per answer). It is recommended that you draft your answers to these questions prior to starting the online application form.
- Why do you want to serve as an EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council Member?
- What unique skills and experiences will you bring to Youth Leadership Council and how will these support the work of EarthEcho International?
- Why is teamwork important? Describe a time where you worked as a team member to accomplish a goal or overcome an obstacle.
- What is an environmental issue you are passionate about and why?
You have the option to submit your response to Question 4 in a video response. You may choose to write the essay or submit a video response but not both. The video response cannot exceed 3 minutes.
When applying, you will also be required to secure a recommendation from anon-family member who can speak to your communication, leadership, and team work skills. The recommendation may be written by a teacher/school faculty member, employer, youth program leader, and/or peer. Please direct your recommender to this form to submit their reference by June 3, 2021.
- Please complete the online application by May 3, 2021 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
- Finalists will be contacted in May 2021 for phone/video interviews.
- Selected Youth Leadership Council members will be notified of their appointment to the Council by June 4, 2021.
Questions? Contact Sean Russell at SRussell@earthecho.org.