Apply to join EarthEcho International’s Youth Leadership Council in 2018
About the YLC
EarthEcho International, an organization dedicated to equipping youth with resources to identify and solve environmental challenges, believes young people play a pivotal role as leaders in environmental conservation and education. The EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council (YLC) supports EarthEcho International by providing valuable insight and expertise from a youth perspective, by working to engage young people in active roles in their communities and beyond, and by helping EarthEcho lead and develop programs to support its mission of inspiring young people worldwide to act now for a sustainable future.
The EarthEcho YLC is comprised of young environmental leaders ages 15-22 who serve a two year term. Through this role, YLC members have the opportunity to serve in an advisory capacity and gain an understanding of the operations of an international non-profit organization. In this role, YLC members help expand the impact of EarthEcho’s programs by sitting on program committes, interacting with leaders in the fields of conservation and education, gaining access to resources to explore personal conservation interests, and may be asked to serve as a youth member on EarthEcho’s Board of Directors.
In 2018, EarthEcho will select up to five new members for the YLC program selected through a competitive application process. Applications for the Council are closed at this time. All applicants for the YLC should:
- be between the ages of 15-22 at the time of application;
- demonstrate a passion for environmental conservation and youth leadership;
- have experience working collaboratively with youth and adults;
- desire to support EarthEcho International’s work and provide a youth perspective to the development of EarthEcho’s programs;
- and have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.