EarthEcho Academy FAQs
What is the EarthEcho Academy?
The EarthEcho Academy is a new virtual learning space developed to provide online courses for teacher professional learning with access to fully remote, asynchronous environmental education modules for students featuring some of our most popular NGSS-aligned classroom resources like EarthEcho Expedition: Water by Design
Does this cost anything?
There is no cost to participate.
Who is eligible?
Any public middle school teacher.
What is the timeline for teachers who participate?
Our course begins October 5th and ends October 26th, 2021
What are the learning objectives?
As a result of this course teachers will:
- Incorporate foundation principles of environmental justice within student learning experiences
- Understand adventure learning and the value of this approach in STEM classrooms
- Amplify the importance of specific “wicked” environmental issues to be incorporated in the classroom
- Utilize EarthEcho’s multimedia Expedition resources with students in and out of the classroom (virtually)
- Access two virtual modules for students hosted in Moodle that include ready to use digital video content, activities, and assessment tools
Standards Addressed Include:
ESS2. C The roles of water in Earth's surface processes
ESS3.A Natural resources
ESS3.C Human impacts on Earth systems
ESS3.D Global climate change
PS1.A Structure and Properties of Matter
What are other ways I can connect with EarthEcho International?
Still have questions? Please direct additional questions to email@example.com.