Gulf Oil Spill - High School
Whats the Connection to Me?
Lessons from the Gulf Oil Spill
1. Identify consumer products derived from petroleum.
2. Identify petroleum-derived components and/or ingredients, i.e., chemical substances used to make a variety of common consumer products.
3. Describe some detrimental environmental effects that are associated with the production, transportation, use, and disposal of these petroleum-derived products.
4. Describe ways to minimize the harmful effects of petroleum and petroleum-derived products on the environment.
5. Identify several ways that the Gulf oil spill is connected to individual consumer choices.