BE THE SOLUTION…
Now that you have experienced the Blue Paradox, it’s time to explore real, actionable steps to keep our oceans blue. EarthEcho International is on a mission to build a global youth movement to protect and restore our ocean planet. Alongside Blue Paradox, EarthEcho mobilizes youth to action through education, partnerships, and by uplifting young leaders!
Below are quick, easy challenges designed to learn by doing. YOU can take immediate action to make a difference in reducing waste and closing the plastics loop.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- REFUSE to sip. Commit to skipping the straw or to using a reusable alternative. Find out how one young person changed the approach to single use plastic for their community.
- RECORD data on plastic pollution like these community scientists and commit to protecting your water upstream and downstream through the EarthEcho Water Challenge.
- RECOVER your plastic bottles and explore how you might be able to use them for something else. Check out this list for ideas.
- REPAIR your lunch or takeout. Think about ways you can reduce the amount of plastic you use in one meal each day. Find inspiration from these young leaders in Hawai’i: OurEcho Challenge Team No Plastic, No Problem
- RALLY your community by hosting an event for America Recycles Day or International Coastal Cleanup!
- RETHINK your waste with EarthEcho! Explore this guide for ways you can help trash stay gone, permanently. You might even cut down on how much stuff you use in the first place.