Thank you for your interest in the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council! Applications for the 2023 class of YLC members are open through May 1, 2023.
The 2023 Youth Leadership Council application is accessible through GenSea, EarthEcho’s digital community platform connecting our global community of young ocean advocates.
Not a member of GenSea? Sign-up today and activate your account to access and complete the 2023 Youth Leadership Council application by May 1.
Already a GenSea member? Complete your application for the 2023 Youth Leadership Council!
When completing your application, you will be asked to respond to the following essay questions (maximum of 250 words per answer). It is recommended that you draft your answers to these questions prior to starting the online application form.
- Why do you want to serve as an EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council Member?
- What unique skills and experiences will you bring to the Youth Leadership Council and how will these support the work of EarthEcho International?
- Why is teamwork important? Describe a time where you worked as a team member or organized a team to accomplish a goal or overcome an obstacle.
- What motivates your advocacy? What is an environmental issue(s) you are passionate about and why? You have the option to submit your response to Question 4 in a video response. You may choose to write the essay or submit a video response but not both. The video response cannot exceed 3 minutes.
Applicants for the Youth Leadership Council in 2023 should:
- Be between the ages of 15-22 at the time of application
- Demonstrate a passion for environmental conservation and youth leadership
- Have experience working collaboratively with a team of youth and adults
- Have a desire to support EarthEcho International’s work and provide a youth perspective to the development of EarthEcho’s programs
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Applications due: May 1, 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- Finalists may be contacted in May 2023 for phone/video interviews.
- Selected Youth Leadership Council members will be notified of their appointment to the Council by early June 2023.
Questions? Contact Sean Russell at email@example.com.