STEMExplore Virtual Career Connection with a Structural Engineer
Join EarthEcho International as we highlight relatable voices in STEM careers! With STEMExplore, we invite female professionals to share their STEM journey with a live audience during dynamic virtual events.
The conversation will focus on women in STEM and the STEMExplore Mentor will share her personal journey and the positive influences that helped her to realize her professional capabilities.
During this 30-minute session, the participants will:
- Learn about engineering as a career in general;
- Recognize that there are various types of engineering;
- Observe the day to day tasks of a structural engineer;
- Gain insight into a STEM career and learn the steps it takes to become a professional in this area;
- Ask interview questions of the STEMExplore expert.
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 1:00 PM EASTERN
Topic/Career: Structural Engineering
Shilpa Botu, Associate Director of Structural Engineering, is responsible for sign off as a FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) representative on the final product Collins Aerospace manufactures. Collins Aerospace engineers and creates aircraft interiors for commercial aircraft such as Boeing and Airbus. Shilpa is also responsible for training and development of young engineers that join Collins Aerospace certification group.