Apply for the 2012 GenerationOn Youth Advisory Council today
GenerationOn is now seeking 12 youth (ages 13-18) who are passionate about making a difference in their communities for the next generationOn Youth Advisory Council. These 12 youth leaders will act as ambassadors and advisors to generationOn and serve as role models for other youth in their communities.
(for Complete Eligibility, click here)
- Be between 13-18 years old in September 2012.
- Be a middle or high school student (in grades 7-11) in September 2012.
- Be a resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia.
- Be able to commit to a term from September 2012 - June 2014.
- Be available for bi-weekly web meetings with fellow Council members.
- Be able to travel for a special, expense-paid, kick-off leadership training event (tentative dates July 31st - August 5, 2012).
Thanks to the generous support of The Hasbro Children's Fund, the Youth Advisory Council provides youth from across the country the opportunity to:
- Engage in creative work with a nonprofit organization focused on youth and service.
- Partner with like-minded youth with unique perspectives from around the country.
- Inform generationOn programming while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service.
- Act as a service-learning ambassador in their region by playing a leadership role in engaging youth in service and service-learning.
- The generationOn Youth Advisory Council application will be available online starting Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 10:00am EDT.
- Applications must be received by Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 5:00pm EDT.
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their application on or around Friday, April 27, 2012.
- Phone and video interviews may be requested of finalists in mid-April.
- Final notifications will be sent on or around Friday, May 14, 2012.
Download a flyer to share this information with others.